Monday, February 2, 2009

I Swear I Am Still Alive...

Sorry about not adding any new posts lately. I have been super busy, as I am sure you can relate. First of all I can't believe that we are already into February!!! Time is going by way too fast!! UGHHHH! I just want to warn you ahead of time....February is a going to be a busy month for me. So don't be surprised if I am unable to post a lot. I will try my hardest though. Soooo....Oh yeah....I have a member in my family that has never been garage selling! So last weekend I took her around and gave her some tricks of the trade!! She loved it and we had a great time and found some great deals!! She is trying to decorate her new home and I told her that you can do it and save lots of money at the same time. I told her to keep an open mind and everything can be painted :)!
A couple of weeks ago I went to a Goodwill with my mom and here are some of my finds...
1) Flowers that I will use in Avery's new room. They went from a periwinkle color to cream!! I can't wait to use them.
2) NOTE: I DID NOT GET THESE AT GOODWILL. These are something that I paid full price for at Holland Boone. I wanted them and I never thought that I would ever find something like this at a garage sale or goodwill. They cost me $60.00 and that was with a coupon!!! WELLL...
3)These are goodwill finds!!! Notice the glass jars with the silver tops...YEAH I KNOW!! I about fell to the floor when I saw these!! And get this...the big one was $3.99 and the smaller one was $2.99-OMG!!! The other things were a towel rack for our toy hauler. I needed something to hold my hand towels in the bathroom. The other things are a ceramic strainer...I didn't know they made them ceramic. The glass bowl I am going to use for fresh flower arrangements.
4) Okay, I seriously need to stop buying stuff full price...I bought my daughter a cute table and chairs set that matches her play kitchen during Christmas and I paid $50 for it!!! Low and behold at goodwill this set was $7.99!!!! Yeah, tell me about it!! Let me tell you how DIRTY this set was though. I looked past the dirt and knew that a yellow/green sponge, some soft scrub with bleach, and some elbow grease would do the trick!! I took it home and cleaned it that night...it looks brand new!!! You are probably thinking-what the heck is she going to do with another set?! Well I figured that I would use it when we go camping so that Avery and her friends would have a perfect little persons table!! For the price I paid- who cares!!!










No comments: